If you are passionate about reducing the unnecessary use of restrictive practices and would like to be active in the RRN community – please come and talk to us about it. Book your place at one of two free events we are running in April, one in London and one in Manchester.
We think the RRN should be a place where you can:
- Develop personal and organisational practices
- Access peer and expert support across sectors and in specialist areas
- Develop collaborative relationships and local networks
- Share good practice and find out about practice innovations
- Be honest about what works and what doesn’t
- Learn from each other and with each other
- Keep up to date with policy and international developments
But we want to know what you think. We need your ideas to ensure this community has maximum positive impact for you as practitioners and also has maximum impact on the quality of life for the people you support.
At these events we will examine in detail what is needed and how we can get there.
We will think about how we can activate the community and we will develop a community action plan together.
12pm – Networking light lunch
12.30pm – Introductions and plan for the day
1pm – CPD choice of two interactive workshops: ‘Using data to inform restraint reduction’ – Dr Darren Bowring or ‘Understanding trauma and its relationship to restraint reduction’ – Iris Benson
2.15pm – Coffee
2.30pm – Mapping the future consultation activities
4pm – 4.30pm summary/next steps