The RRN is seeking experienced Associate Tutors in Trauma-Informed Practice
The Restraint Reduction Network RRN is currently recruiting Associate for two exciting and much needed training courses in Trauma Informed Practice.
The qualifications have been developed specifically for RRN to support the development of knowledge and understanding related to providing high quality services that are trauma informed. The RRN will soon be recruiting students, and the course will run from March 2024. The qualifications are for learners working in social care, health, education or secure services and are described below:
The Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Trauma Informed Practice
This course is suitable for learners who work in social care, health, education or secure services. Learners will need to be providing direct support/face-to-face work with people accessing services for the qualification to be appropriate. It is designed to develop:
- Knowledge on the underpinning theories that support the understanding of trauma
- Skills related to implementing trauma informed practice in a service or organisation
- Learners’ personal growth, critical thinking skills and engagement in learning
This course is particularly suitable for learners in supervisory or leadership roles and those aspiring to become practice leaders. The course will focus on prompting cultural change through trauma informed relational working.
Associate Tutor Role
Tutors will need to have considerable experience in providing trauma informed direct support to people who access social care, health, education or secure services and will have leadership or clinical supervisor experience. They will also have demonstrable experience of teaching adults preferably on a trauma informed approach.
Closing date: 5 January 2024.
Interviews: Wednesday 24 January 2024.
Learners will be enrolled into tutor groups of 6. Each tutor group will meet monthly with their tutor to deepen the course e-learning through active application of theory to practice through reflective thinking.
- Every 4 weeks a tutorial for each tutor group (normally 2 hrs)
- Emails throughout the month regarding any queries or questions regarding assignment work or upload difficulties etc (2 hrs approx per month)
- 1:1 MS Teams meet up's if a Learner is struggling to understand something they have come across in their e-learning or assignment (1 hr a month approx)
- Assessing submitted assignments
- Assessment of reflective thinking and critical approach of learners through the active participation in tutorials
How to apply
For further information and/or to make an application to become a tutor please send an email to [email protected]
* Please note that due to perceived conflict of interest in the Bild Group, RRN Tutors and other RRN Associates cannot work for Physical Intervention Training Providers.
The Restraint Reduction Network (RRN) is a registered charity with an ambitious vision to eliminate the unnecessary use of restrictive practices in health and social care and education.
We seek to create a culture of respect for human rights across education, health and social care services. We want services to be safe, dignified and respect people’s autonomy and wellbeing.
About the Bild Group
The Bild Group is committed to a society where everyone can enjoy the same rights and opportunities.
The group – Bild, the Restraint Reduction Network (RRN) and the Bild ACT – are three independent charities with their own governance arrangements, who share the same common goal. Where possible and appropriate, members of the group share resources and advice to enable the group to have a bigger impact together through evidence, expertise and experience.